Each job will vary from project to project depending on the scope. The steps outlined below are to give you a brief idea of our process and what to expect.
1. To ensure that work is completed on time in an efficient manner, the day prior to the start of the project, we will stop by to unload the equipment and supplies necessary to commence work. Things such as ladders, paint, drop sheets and tool boxes will be stored in a discrete spot on the property to avoid being visually intrusive.
2. Our team will arrive early in the morning on the starting day of the project. They will begin setting up and will alert you of their presence. Drop sheets will be placed around the house and ladders will be erected.
3. After setting up, the team will begin with the prep-work on the house. This is the most important step in providing a solid lasting paint job. During this phase, expect to see the following:
- Scraping : Loose paint must be removed to ensure that the new paint is applied to a solid foundation.
- Sanding : All surfaces will receive a light sand to smooth the area and open the pores of wooden surfaces. This makes wood and dry wall much more receptive to the paint and primer.
- Spackling : For areas that have ridges and holes, spackle (wood fill) will be applied to create the appearance of a smoother surface. The substance is pink when wet so you may see pink spots throughout the job site. Once dry, the spackle will be sanded to create an even surface.
- Cleaning : Prior to applying the first coat of primer, the surfaces will be all be lightly cleaned. This ensures the removal of dust and other particles on the surface which can interfere with the adhesion of the paint coats
- Priming : Any bare wooden areas must be primed to ensure proper adhesion of the paint. Certain surfaces of special material may also require priming. You will see white spots throughout the house where the surface is being primed.
4. Once the prep-work is completed and the primer is dry, the team will begin the application of the finish coats. Depending on the colour chosen, several coats may be required. We always recommend a minimum of 2 coats to ensure consistency and longevity. Do not be alarmed if you can see through the colour. That just means another coat of paint is required! Some colours such as red are notorious for requiring many coats.
5. At this point, the crew will begin to clean up the job-site to ensure that everything is as clean as it was before they arrived. All paint chips will be vacuumed and garbage disposed of. If the job takes several days, the crew will clean up at the end of each day.
6. Finally, once everything is cleaned up, we will alert you that the job is completed. Our job site manager will walk you accompany you around the job site to ensure that you are satisfied with the work. Any concerns or questions you have will also be addressed.
Our professional staff has been extensively trained to provide you with the best experience and quality of work. We use only the highest quality paints to ensure the longevity of the paint job. As a student owned company, we are very affordable and you can rest at ease knowing that you are not only investing in your home but in the youth of your community. We pride ourselves on making sure your paint needs are not only met, but exceeded. We offer:
1. Arrange a date over the phone with one of our experts who will be providing the consultation.
2. The consultation will last approximately 30-60 minutes depending on the scope of the project. Be prepared to accompany the estimator around the building for the first 30 minutes. This is necessary to ensure that the estimator understands exactly what you want done with the project. Important aspects such as colour, what needs to be painted and special requests will be discussed during this phase. Setting clear expectations is important so that you are satisfied and there are no surprises when the job is finished.
3. Once the scope and expectations for the projects have been established, you can return to your daily routine while our experts independently examine the building. They will calculate the cost and duration for beautifying your home. A detailed written proposal will be provided.
4. During the final phase of the consultation, the estimator will once again require your presence. They will go over the proposal with you in detail so as to avoid any confusion. During this point you can decide whether or not you would like to proceed with the project. If you decide to proceed, a 10% deposit will be required for our estimator to set up a tentative date for the work to begin.
How does it work?
It's our guarantee to you. Not only will you see a difference, but you'll feel it! We are a team of motivated university students dedicated to provide a standard that exceeds that of our competition. We are an independent student owned and student run company. This key difference keeps the money out of the hands of large corporations exploiting students. To ensure the quality of the job and saftey of your home we offer a one million dollar liability insurance.